Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

So it's been a while since I last posted, and I even had a 4 day weekend in there! Our Thanksgiving weekend started Wednesday afternoon when I was sent home from my job a few hours early. I meant to do more prep work Wednesday night, but as rundown as I've felt, I sat on my butt. It was great!


Thursday morning I baked chocolate pecan pie, assembled crab-stuffed mushrooms and set the table. Around lunch we headed to Monroe, NC to visit my in-laws where Little Man played with some relatives and I made deviled eggs for my mother-in-law. Then we headed home (later than we planned), got the turkey in the oven, ate lunch, and I did the rest of the prep work. After talking to my Mom, we headed to visit our neighbors who had invited us to dinner. After eating a little there, I headed back down the street to start finishing up our dinner. We ate late, but had lots of leftovers!



My Plate


On our menu: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, crab-stuffed mushrooms, green beans, sweet potato casserole, and baby onions with cream sauce.


Little Man with a mouthful of food!


Hubby's Plate!



During our drive, and later in the evening, I knit up this cap for the Knit One, Save One charity.



Saturday and Sunday, with icky cold weather and me still feeling under the weather we stayed indoors. We cleaned up, did things around the house, and on Sunday, I finally sewed Little Man's pirate robe! He loves it!


And I have started the emblem on Little Man's Superman sweater...as of last night I had gotten this far:

And here is a photo from my nephew's Superman birthday celebration...


And a photo of him with his sweater while wearing a dinosaur birthday hat! Looks like he approves!

2 comments:

Sinéad said...

Phew! Sounds like you had a bust Thanksgiving day! Hope it was fun. Little Mans robe is great, I bet he loves it.

Connie said...

The Superman sweater turned out great and he really looked happy! I don't know how you find time to knit and let alone sew? YOU are Wonderwoman!