Thursday, December 16, 2010

A little peak...

I have had serious technical difficulties with my laptop yet again and have fallen behind on my blogging.  :(

I've got some cute projects to show you from Little Man, but today I wanted to show you my progress for my nephew's Christmas present.    I made him a little Christmas tree hat (it being his first Christmas and all).  I knit the hat, and instead of making the pompoms I rummaged through the kiddie supply stash and used pre-made pompoms.

Christmas Tree Hat

And, because the cuteness of the project won me over...I decided that I just HAD to make the uber cute 2-in-1 lion and elephant toy.  When completed one will be inside the other...you turn it inside out and...you have the other toy.  You can't really make out the lion's i-cord mane, but I have to tell you...it took longer to make the 18 i-cord mane pieces than the whole rest of the lion...But, he's cute, isn't he?  The project is from the super cute book Itty Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson.  She has other 2-in-1s like a frog/turtle, 2 dolls, a mouse/cat, and a bird/egg that sits in a nest.  A great book if you love making toys!


1 comment:

Sinéad said...

Cute post! The hat is adorable, and the lion is so gorgeous!If only I hadn't sworn never again to toys...