Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Desk for the Teacher

I've been doing better this year at posting about once a week, and I'm sorry I'm a little late with this one...but the story that I'll tell over the next few weeks will definitely help you to understand!  But for now, I want to share with you a fun project I made for Little Man's teacher.  He graduated from kindergarten on May 24th, and so this desk card was to let his teacher know how much he enjoyed her class this year.  I can't take credit for the idea...I saw it at Mod Paperie.  I used stickers for the embellishments except for the desk blotter that I stamped, heat embossed and used a corner punch to round the edges of both layers.
Teacher Desk Card

And instead of just using the twine for the handles I used eyelets to reinforce the holes.

Teacher Desk Card

I bought the Amelie's Accessories kit from SVGcuts and cut two of the armoires (one for each side) with my Cricut machine.  Then I used some great quick dry glue to assemble the pieces.  The top is 8" wide, and that I used my paper cutter to cut, and then folded it in half.  The drawers slide in and out, and we filled them with paper clips, binder clips, staples, and candy.  And Little Man put a ring that he made in with the paper clips.

Teacher Desk Card


I helped him write a message to his teacher, and he was so proud of our joint project.  It was such a fun different kind of project.  

1 comment:

Sinéad said...

What a cute present for a teacher! A+ for sure!