Tuesday, February 17, 2015

An Icy Day, a Cozy Capelet


Y'all know I love Debbie Bliss.  I have every one of her magazines, and when the Fall/Winter issue came out and it had a gorgeous, cabled capelet on the cover called the "Cozy Capelet" I HAD to make it! I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn in Charcoal, and I have to tell you...the capelet is SUPER cozy. It's like wearing a cherished, comforting blanket around your shoulders. It's been perfect while we've had crazy cold temperatures hit!  

It was a really quick knit using the thick yarn and big needles.  I took the ease of the pattern a step further by knitting it in the round, which means when I bound off those stitches it was DONE, no seaming for this craft chick!

We're all home today because of an ice storm that hit last night, and you better believe I'll be staying a little bit cozier with this FO around me!

No comments: