Friday, December 9, 2016

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?!?!

So, as it usually starts...I saw a neat project that someone else makes and sells, and wanted one. I didn't want the ones I saw though...I wanted images that spoke to me. What did I see? Tins the size of an Altoid tin with a fun image covered with resin on top and filled with fun knitting notions. I immediately thought of making one with one of my photos from Venice and then making a project bag with the same image. But then...I was on Pinterest when I saw other uses for decorated tins. And decided,without ever having made one before...that I would make one for each of my friends for Christmas. Without knowing if I could really do it. Crazypants!

So, I scoured the internet and couldn't find a tutorial or anything so I had to figure it out as I went. First step? To Mod Podge the images and get them ready for the resin. The Mod Podge seals the paper and makes it resistant to liquid. Stay tuned for more!

No comments: