Monday, July 10, 2017

The Secret Garden


When I was many years younger (many, many) my mother gifted me the book 'The Secret Garden'. I LOVE that book! Imagining the beautiful garden, reading as the characters cultivate it and make it beautiful again after years of neglect...and reading how the one character becomes well again by being outside and working in the garden...I really love everything about the story.

So, when Little Skein in the Big Wool had a yarn bowl created just for their shop, I drooled. Then, I overthought it...and missed out. There weren't anymore. The bowls were created by a Spanish ceramics artist and only a limited number had been made, each one a bit different. Ugh, was so disappointed in myself! 

Month after month afterwards I would catch glimpses of one of the bowls in their Instagram feed. And kick myself. And, then, when there were only a few left...I snatched one up when they had another batch come in. 

I must have the most perfect project to christen this bowl...it is so beautiful.






The outside is plain...it has a smooth high gloss white with a single swing hanging over the side...and then, when you look over the edge...it's there...a secret garden. So delicate and beautiful.


I couldn't love it more. It's actually sitting on the credenza in our entryway right now. I'm enjoying it as a piece of art, and it brings a smile every time!

No comments: