Saturday, November 25, 2017

A Long Delayed Project

 Have you ever gotten really excited about a project, bought the supplies and then gotten overwhelmed with the steps to make it? I think it happens to all crafters (at least I'm going to tell myself that). I've had a bag of supplies waiting in the craft room for AGES to make a canvas art piece with lit branches. My mother was even with me when I was picking out what I needed. But, I was afraid to start and unfortunately there the supplies stayed...until I went through my craft room with a vengeance this weekend and decided to get serious about getting rid of things and/or finishing projects.

The first thing the canvas needed was paint"

After the robin's egg blue paint dried it was time to apply the sculpting medium over it to give the canvas texture.


I never used this type of art supply before, and didn't quite know how to go about applying it...but in the end I just slapped it on the way that came to me and hoped for the best. Now it needs to dry for 24 hours until the next step.

No comments: