Friday, February 2, 2018

Shaving Cream Marbling

 I saw the coolest video on Instagram where a woman used shaving cream to marble paper. I must admit a weakness for the look of marbled paper so I was super intrigued. I looked into the technique on Youtube figuring you couldn't fake great results there, and after it seemed to check out I headed to the Dollar Tree for supplies. I picked up a can of shaving cream and a squeegee...that's it! I already had some acrylic paint. I came home and filled the bottom of a plastic container with a layer of shaving cream.Then I dropped paint into the cream and swirled designs with a toothpick. After that I cut cardstock to fit flat in the container and laid the cardstock onto the cream. Then I just squeegeed it off and let the paper dry!





Look at the great designs the marbling technique made! Once I had made a few I learned a bit better how to manipulate the paint to get the patterns I liked best.



I'm excited to use the paper in projects!


No comments: