Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Today our little family went to the movies for the first time. We went to see Ratatouille a Pixar film. I've been looking forward to seeing the film since I first saw the trailer for it since I'm interested in French culture and cooking...I decided to overlook the fact that the story is about a rat. Pitiful that I was looking forward to it? Yes, but I think slightly understandable, after all, just because Little Man could watch the same shows over and over doesn't mean I don't get bored to death. [Although Little Man does NOT sit in front of the television all day]. Little Man did great sitting through the movie, and, as a special treat I decided to let him have popcorn with me and Daddy. I originally didn't plan on letting him have any until his 3rd birthday, but I changed my mind. Boy did he love it, he truly is our little boy! Oh, and by the way, the film was cute although there were several violent parts that I felt were just too much for a little person (I mean really is it necessary to see someone shooting at rats with a rifle?). It is definitely not destined to be a classic like Finding Nemo, but we all enjoyed ourselves.



Here is the completed Harry Potter Book Scarf knit in Gryffindor colors. This project is knit in the round with embroidery floss and size zero double-pointed knitting needles...which was just too much for me to deal with at this point. I lack patience to begin with, but right now with the bar looming I am too stressed to work on such a tiny project in the round (especially since this project is the first project I have ever completed in the round). The hubby actually asked if I would be making him one, all I could do was laugh and tell him he could share the one I made, because I don't think I will make this one again! Although, I'm glad I have this one, because it will really add to the whole experience of reading the last book! (Ask anyone who really knows me, I LOVE a theme!)

Hopefully I'll post about the beach trip by this weekend, I've got a lot of work right now and I want to think about which photos to post, since there are a lot of good ones!

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

There is nothing wrong with knitting with embroidery floss. I have knitted MP3 player cozy's with it. I have to make another one for my hubby... He keeps asking!