Thursday, September 6, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

We had a ball on Labor Day weekend...

On Friday, Hubby had off from work and he and I went to lunch at a Japanese restaurant and to see The Bourne Ultimatum at the movie theater (it was alright, but I'm not impressed that the trilogy didn't end). We managed to do these things while Little Man was at daycare, and then we went to his open house. Afterwards we came home and ate, and watched a movie. Very nice.

On Saturday we went shopping at BJ's Wholesale Warehouse, had lunch at Wendy's and stopped by Hancock Fabrics because I can't finish the Buddy Bag because I can't find any Batman fabric for the lining (and that's what I really want). Then we stopped by Blockbuster before heading home for Little Man's nap time. While he slept it stormed and then it was a little cooler and after we ate we headed to the movies to see Shrek 3. Little Man loved the popcorn; he dove into the bag head first. He also liked the movie and did really well. Then we set off for Matthews Alive, a festival taking place in nearby Matthews, NC (30 min. from us). He wore his new jacket from Grandma North and we checked out the festivities and ate fried mushrooms and funnel cake. We listed to the performer who was singing Johnny Cash songs and then we headed home. We put Little Man down for the night and then watched Walk the Line (listening to the music had put me in the mood for the movie). And then we turned in too.

On Sunday we went to Wal-Mart to look for Batman fabric and then after grocery shopping we cleaned up to get ready for a visit from my friend Elena. We had grilled shrimp, sauteed corn, salad and for dessert...
Elena brought a chocolate cake with Oreo cookie whipped cream....DELICIOUS!!!
On Monday we got up, had breakfast, and went to Micheal's to use a 50% off coupon. Then we headed to Matthews Alive again. It got a lot hotter than was forecasted but we managed to get Little Man on the carousel.
He liked sitting on the horse fine...
...until it started moving, and then Daddy had to hold him. Afterwards we had lunch, and walked around. We visited the ponies, played on the kiddie gymnastic set-up (where Little Man did his first forward-roll), and looked at a lot of craft-booths (prompting Hubby to say again and again, "You could make that," while I thought it). By then the heat was really gearing up so we grabbed a lemonade and headed for the car. We got home and all of us took a cat-nap to gear up for our next outing.
After nap time we headed to the outdoor pool to enjoy it one last time for the summer. Little Man had fun playing football in the water.

And Mommy and Daddy enjoyed the sound of the water, the smell of the chlorine, and having some more fun with Little Man. We headed home after that and had ribs and potato salad. And that's how we spent the last weekend of summer; having fun outside, just like it should be!

No comments: