Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Miscellaneous

On Saturday, we went to the Southern Women's Show and walked around checking out exhibits. Then we grabbed some lunch and headed home for Little Man's nap time. We cleaned the house, Hubby did some yard work, and later my friend came over and watched Little Man while we went to The Melting Pot restaurant to celebrate my having passed the bar. THe Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant and the food is great, the service is friendly and attentive, and the eating experience is relaxed and prolonged. We had a cheddar cheese fondue starter with cauliflower, celery, carrots, Granny Apple slices, and bread chunks to dip. The cheese was melted table side and was wonderfully ooey and gooey. Then we had salad (House Salad for Hubby and Spinach-Mushroom Salad for me), while I enjoyed a Chocolate Fontini (a chocolate martini).

Then our dinner arrived. We had a seasoned broth and an oil to cook our food and we ordered the Signature Select entree for Two which included: filet mignon, shrimp, teriyaki-marinated sirloin, mahi-mahi, and boneless breast of chicken, and broccoli, mushroom caps, yellow squash, and red bliss potatoes. There were about six different dips and sauces also. Oh was it good. And then we had dessert. The Flaming Turtle that is flambeed tableside and has caramel and pecans stirred into melted chocolate. The chocolate fondue dessert is accompanied by a beautiful plate of artfully arranged dippers including: pound cake, almond biscotti, strawberries, cheesecake, brownies, bananas, and nut covered marshmellows. It was a wonderful meal.Hubby and I at The Melting Pot
Little Man in the Lighthouse T-Shirt and Pirate Hat from Grandma and Grandpa North



Besides applying for jobs I've tried to get work done on some projects. Below is the completed Batman Buddy Bag.




The Lining (I had to use black fabric since I couldn't find Batman fabric).



The finger puppet (made from felt).
I've also been working on the parts of the pirate, but I'm having a really hard time with the hands, if anyone know of where I could find more information on how to knit individual fingers for knit toys, please let me know.
Tomorrow I will be sworn in, the final step to being able to practice law in NC.




No comments: