Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm Getting Things Done

So it's been rainy and cool down here for the last three days, and I can't think of anything better (besides napping) to do than sip hot chocolate or tea and knit. So I've made some good progress on my projects and I'm finishing some things up. I've also managed to clean my house thoroughly, and made Barefoot Contessa's Cheddar Corn Chowder this week so the husband has nothing to complain about. (By the way, the chowder was great!)
Last night during Smallville and Grey's Anatomy I finished the Mini- Weasley Sweater Ornament from Charmed Knits. The yarn I used is the same as what I knit Little Man's sweater in. I duplicate stitched his initial on it last night as well (albeit a bit crookedly) and today I bent the wire for the hanger. It's so cute! And the sleeves were really easy as Alison Hansel (the designer) has you pick up stitches for the sleeves and then knit down to the cuffs...no seaming that way, and very easy!

Today I also lined the Pirate Buddy Bag and so this project is now complete. The lining is plain blue since I already had it on hand and I couldn't find any pirate fabric (much to my annoyance).

And I also worked more on Barnacle Bill. I have 11 of the 43 pieces seamed. Tonight Hubby and I are going to watch Harry Potter and I'm going to start work on Barnacle Bill's coat. Since I'm motivated and on a roll I thought I'd better work with it. And I'm sure a nice hot chocolate will keep me fortified for some more seaming.

1 comment:

Sereknitty said...

My goodness, you've been very busy! I'm exhausted just looking at all your projects. The pirate bag turned out so-o cute ... love it!