Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 18th, 19th, and 20th

So I'm cheating...I'm jumbling three days' posts all into one. This approach is more for people reading this blog than it is for me. I don't have many photos to share for these days, and nobody just wants a bunch of posts to read with no cute photos!

Sunday, November 18th:
I cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed the upstairs, and set up laundry. Hubby set up Little Man's "clubhouse." Then I met up with my friend Elena and we went to see American Gangster with Denzel Washington. The movie was not as good as the previews, but it wasn't bad. I came home and finished laundry and packing for our trip to PA. Yes, I know I'm crazy to squeeze in seeing a movie when I had tons to do at home...I had already told my friend we would see it weeks ago, and I felt bad about putting it off week after week. Anyway, it all worked out, I had even planned our eating so we ate the last of our leftovers before leaving. Hubby and I watched Next with Nicholas Cage which was pretty good, and then we turned in after getting everything to the back door to put in the car in the morning.
Little Man's Clubhouse Before It Was Moved

Little Man in his birthday pajamas from Grandma North.

Monday, November 19th:

We woke up at 5:30 AM, got dressed, Hubby packed the car while I got Little Man ready and then we got into the car and started our car ride. Little Man woke up saying" we at Grandma and Pop-Pop's house?" Luckily he wasn't cranky from having to get up early. We drove about 20 minutes until we hit a McDonald's for breakfast, we ate and started driving again. The ride was pretty uneventful. Little Man watches movies on his portable DVD player and Cars and Little Einsteins were his favorites this trip. We made it to PA in 12 hours and were just in time for dinner. The big news of the trip was that Little Man stayed dry the whole way and used the potty when we stopped. Wow, was I proud. He started getting really anxious to be at my parents' house towards the end of the trip, and was happy when we made it. He slept well in his new inflatable Lightning McQueen bed we bought him for traveling (he's too big for his pack n play now). And of course while we were driving I did work on the scarf and the snake. And I read Nicholas Sparks' The Choice (yes the whole thing).

Tuesday, November 20th:

We left a day early for my folks' house so that I could go with them to the surgical oncologist's appointment. We don't anymore yet, he has to review tests. Earlier in the day while my Mom slept (she works 11-7) we scoped out the location of the doctor's office and ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Little Man enjoyed playing in the indoor playground and it tired him out some. We also picked up Wawa coffee which made Hubby happy (we love Wawa coffee, and we don't have it down South by us). When my Mom, Pop and I got back from the doctor's appointment we ate Farmers' Market ribs (they are soooooo good!). And that's pretty much it for Tuesday, the real action for the week started on Wednesday, when my nephew got added to the mix. Him, a rattling car, a broken tub faucet, you name it, it probably happened in the past week, but I'll post about that next time!

No comments: