Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wedding Anniversary, Weekend and Some Weekdays



I haven't blogged about it until now, but last Tuesday, July 15th, was my 8th wedding anniversary. Since the day fell during the week, we didn't do anything celebratory on the actual day. We exchanged gifts (DVDs for me, a pillowtop mattress cover for Hubby [8th anniversary gifts traditionally were of bronze or pottery and in the modern age are of linen or lace, hence bed linens for Hubby,,,and he wanted one too!]) I worked long hours Monday-Thursday of last week in order to have off on Friday, so we didn't even get around to watching a movie or television that night.


On Wednesday we received a package from my Mom filled with goodies for Christmas in July. I got a new nightgown and Little Man scored with 4 new pairs of pajamas, the bottoms of which were made by my Mom. He also got some other clothing items, and was real excited to see dinosaurs and sharks on his pjs.






On Friday, I had a parent conference for my first pro bono case, which went well despite my feet taking a beating wearing my dress shoes to walk blocks and blocks. Afterwards I headed home to change and meet up with Hubby who had taken off Friday afternoon so we could go out on a date (while Little Man was at daycare). First, we went to Barnes and Noble, where we sat in the Starbucks Cafe. I had soup and Hubby had a caramel frappucino and a peanut butter cup cookie. We looked at magazines while we ate and then headed to the movies. We picked-up our prepaid tickets, bought some popcorn and cherry Coke, and headed in to see The Dark Knight (the Batman sequel for all of you non-fans of superhero movies). It was awesome!!!! I don't really have the words, but I loved that it was long enough to fully develop certain story lines, some of the stunts and action sequences were truly unique, and the movie was able to be deep in a way that could grab even a non-fan of the franchise. Very excellent! I feel it's a 10! (And I reserve 10 for very few movies...like Gone With the Wind and Titanic...very few movies make my cut).


Afterwards we headed home and Hubby received an urgent work call that he wound up working on for the next couple of hours. Which was fine because my head started hurting and throbbing and a headache came on that gripped my head and didn't completely let go the rest of the weekend. We're talking no bright lights, no loud noise, no playing with Little Man, no evening move, and no wonderful dinner at Boudreaux's like we had originally planned. Instead Hubby went out and picked up Little Man and McDonald's.

Saturday passed very much in a blur. Little Man had swim class and then we went home. I would lie down for a while, think I was feeling better, get up and then be knocked back down when my head started pounding again. I even missed Knit Nuts after Hubby suggested that maybe driving wasn't such a good idea. So I went back to bed.



Hours later I donned my sunglasses and we took Little Man to the waterpark at the Siskey YMCA. My head pounded most of the time, but the water felt nice and I felt good knowing we made it since we had told Little Man we would go.







That night, with my head hurting and Hubby pooped from the sun, he and I both turned in right after we put Little Man down for the night.

Sunday wasn't exciting at all. We cleaned, did laundry, went grocery shopping and got ready for the week. We also watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium with Little Man and The Bucket List after he went to bed. The Bucket List was very enjoyable. I cried quite a bit, but I knew I probably would. I also started the Superman Sweater for my nephew's birthday. I've only got a little bit finished, but I've got 4 months to finish his and one for Little Man.

Now the week is half-way over and I'm glad. Hubby has been out-of-town since Monday, work is crazy, and I'm doing what is known by my family as "THE BEET DIET". My sister was given the diet way back when she had to lose quite a bit of weight to enlist in the Navy. While on it you eat specified meals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. You should lose 10 lbs. in those three days. Then you eat what you want moderately the rest of the week. Then the following Monday you start all over again. The foods work together to create a chemical breakdown. I usually lose 8-9 pounds, we'll see where I'm at tomorrow when I'm done. If you're interested, I copied it below. Note that you only eat beets twice, and that you have to eat EXACTLY what it says, no substitutions or leaving things out! You should have seen me sitting at my desk at work gagging on cottage cheese!

The Beet Diet
You may have coffee, tea, or diet drinks at any time! No milk or creamer!
Day 1
Breakfast: 1 grapefruit or 8 oz of grapefruit juice
1 slice of toast
2 Tbs. peanut butter
Lunch: 1/2 can or 4 oz. tuna
1 slice of toast
Dinner: 2 pieces of any kind of meat, 3 oz. each
1 cup of string beans
1 cup beets with vinegar
1 small apple
1 cup vanilla ice cream
Day 2
Breakfast: 1 Boiled egg
1 slice of toast
1 banana
Lunch: 1 cup cottage cheese
5 saltine crackers
Dinner: 2 hot dogs
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup carrots
1 banana
1/1 cup vanilla ice cream
Day 3
Breakfast: 5 saltine crackers
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 apple
Lunch: 1 boiled egg
1 slice of toast
Dinner: 1 can tuna
1 cup beets
1 cup cauliflower
1/2 cantaloupe
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
Diet works on chemical breakdown. Do not change or substitute any of the above foods. Diet is followed 3 days at a time. The other 4 days you may eat what you want in moderation. You should lose 10 pounds for each 3 days of the diet. You should lose 40 lbs. of solid fat in a 30 day period by only dieting 12 days.
Note: I am not a doctor and I am not guaranteeing anything. I'm just sharing the diet so you can understand how hungry I was for the first part of the week :)


Next time: My next family profile and Superman Sweater progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time the beet diet is!!! At least I know it works, or else Id think you were crazy!

-Doozer