Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lots to Catch Up On

So I haven't been posting about regular life around here because of the cruise chronicles, and now it's going to take a few posts to catch you up with the happenings around the Craft Chick household. It's been an interesting few weeks. Half of the attorneys in my office were cut and Hubby has been holding his breath waiting for news about the takeover of Wachovia. I went to the dentist, found out I need braces and needed three fillings (2 replaced) and after I went, my teeth have since been hurting. There have been other smaller things, added to the feeling of sadness that's been here for months, but, there have also been things to be grateful for, to be happy about. Little Man, our health, the weather, our continued employment, and of course, there have been crafts.

For my friend Connie's birthday, I made her a beaded row counter bracelet (a piece of jewelry that can be used as an abacus to keep track of knitting rows).




And a yarn bell. You place the yarn underneath, string it through the hole, and it stays put.

I also made the Baby Surprise Jacket for the Charlotte Purls KAL (knit along). The design, by Elizabeth Zimmerman is knit in one piece and folded into a sweater.




I've also been working on the 2 Superman sweaters for the boys. The first sweater has all of its parts knit, and I am in the process of duplicate stitching the emblem on now...I couldn't knit that intarsia again, all of those bobbins drove me crazy. There's so much more to talk about including Little Man's school photos, Halloween, and some other crafty things I'm VERY excited about, but, that will have to wait until the next post. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you are having teeth problems...I just hate those. I have this one in back that hurts every so often and when a tooth hurts you can't think of anything else!

Thanks again for my bracelet and yarn bell! The yarn bell is on my craft table and I know I'll be using it soon. Love the cute row counter bracelet too!