Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just a quick post...

Ok, so I'm watching the 2-hour Brothers and Sisters movie event (so I've got to make this quick)while I wonder if the snow will keep us home tomorrow. And I've had some interesting things happening around here of late, but until some things are more concrete I'm going to hold off on sharing here. The last week was busy with Hubby away, but the weekend was peaceful and restful. First we went to ALDI for our grocery shopping again and I have to say, I'm really enjoying our shopping excursions there. One, the store is a lot smaller since it only stocks core items. Second, the prices are insane! Three green peppers for $1.89...we had stuffed peppers last week! And we've been eating strawberries, and blueberries, and shrimp, because the prices are so good! I even bought a bottle of white zinfadel wine for $3.49, and you know what, it wasn't bad! After grocery shopping, we went out and picked out some new fish for the fish tank...



Four of the five new fish...Little Man was so excited!



And, because I thought it would be good for Little Man to learn about something new (and I thought it was something interesting and different) we picked out a snail. It's been fun so far looking around to find the hiding snail...

And Little Man is learning how they suction-cup themselves onto things...


And today after the usual household chores...I started my Christmas cards...5 done, with envelopes. The silver foil behind the word peace doesn't shine in the photo, but in person they shimmer and really add to the card(in my humble opinion). Now, I'm off to knit, with yarn I already have since I decided to not buy yarn during Lent. And it's going to be hard too, since a local yarn store is going out of business and selling yarn for 50% off! Hopefully I'll make some progress on the sweater I'm working on so next time I can show some progress photos, have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Sinéad said...

My goodness, you're organised, Christmas cards already? They look lovely though, I like the script.
Hope B&S was good!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I sat here crying during Brothers and Sisters...it all seemed so real! The fish and snail look right at home and I'm glad Little man is happy! Good for you..starting the Christmas cards so early..did you have that in your planner? How much snow did you get? Love, Mom

Connie said...

The cards are very pretty, you are smart to get a head start as next Christmas will be here in no time flat!