Friday, June 19, 2009

Yes...

it's been a while again! But I've got some stuff to share so let's get to it!

I finished this little sweater a while ago, except for the buttons. When my co-worker had a baby a couple of weeks ago, I pulled out some little whale buttons to finish it up so I could gift it. Baby Drake will look cute this winter I think!





Last week had plenty of knitting fun for me. It was World Wide Knit In Public Day (WWKIP) and I headed to the Charlotte Knitting Guild's event after taking Little Man to the library to sign up for summer reading and some puzzle time. I got to see some Charlotte Purls that I haven't seen in a while, and I worked on my February Lady Sweater.




The event was from 11-3, and I left early to head to another knitting meet up with the Knit Nuts who I hadn't seen in months.




While driving there, Stacey called me to let me know I had won a door prize. I was already thrilled that I picked up this skein of Debbie Bliss yarn from the swap, but the gift certificate I won was a welcome surprise. Then, while knitting with the Knit Nuts, Stacey texted me to tell me I had won the Charlotte Knitting Guild membership. So, that was great!

And the knitting fun continued on Monday when I received this package from Knit It Up. It's Sock Yarn Cinema's My Fair Lady Shipment. The yarn is so silky soft, and the goodies are always fun to see. This colorway is called "Loverly" (which is how the heroine of the movie pronounces lovely before she learns how to speak properly).


And Tuesday, on Twitter, I responded to a drawing that Knit It Up had, and I won...so I was able to pick out gift tags from her shop...very cool...I'll share photos of them once I receive them!

Like I said above, I'm still working on the February Lady Sweater, and I'm trying to chug along and get some scrapbook pages finished. As of yesterday, the above photo is an accurate representation of how much I had done...the photo below is the actual color. I have about 6 inches left of the body in the pattern before I start the garter stitch border. Hopefully another week for the main portion to be done. The yellow and black yarn is where there are stitches waiting for me to go back to knit the sleeves. The sleeve openings are a bit on the larger side, I'll have to see how that works out, but so far the rest seems on point, so I'm hoping I'll end up with a wearable sweater once I'm done.

And keeping with the knitting theme, I went with Little Man's pre-kindergarten class to see a performance of Charlotte's Web performed by children. It was a very beautifully done production with several zany characters that kept the story entertaining for the younger crowd. How is that related to knitting you ask? Charlotte the spider was a knitter in the play! That is how she made her webs! So the character was up on the stage knitting away!





Next post I aim to share about our recent beach trip!

4 comments:

Virtuous said...

I told you are a magnet for PRIZES!!! ;op

I love that you are still doing the movie packages. PLEASE tell me about the next one as I may join!! Link me up Scotty! ;o)

And nice progress on your FLS!

Let me know when you want to get together again so I can give you your gift certificate!!! $50 smackers! WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved the sweater with the whale buttons...how cute is that? Glad to see you are keeping up with your crafting and your crafting friends too.Love, Mom

Sinéad said...

Congrats on winning the prizes! Your FLS is looking great so far, I love the colour. Wasn't WWKIP fun? I think everyone who went to an event had a great time. Oh, and those whale buttons are the cutest!

TripletMom said...

Sounds like a FANTASTIC day!!! The whale buttons & sweater are too cute:)