Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wednesday, Our 9th Anniversary

Wednesday, of our trip was our 9th wedding anniversary. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago that I was tying bows for the pews, making centerpieces. etc. Here are some photos from our big day...
With our folks after the ceremony at the church


The prayer before the meal



My brother's Best Man toast



The cake...yes, I've always loved a water feature ;)
And, last, but certainly not least, the throwing of the bouquet.
Funny story...see the lovely ladies in the wisteria shimmering bridesmaid dresses?
The one in the middle is my sister...is it just me or is the bouquet NOT headed towards her?
She seems to remember that she was attacked and dragged under a table by the bridesmaid
on the right...my VERY detailed notes Little Sister reminded me that YOU dragged bridesmaid #3 under the table, where she then scratched your neck...hilarious no matter what, since, well, people wound up under a table!
Anyway, on to THIS year's festivities...
We woke up, had breakfast, and then we drove the golf cart over to the Rec. Center where Little Man went to Kamp Starfish from 9-12. He colored a t-shirt, played games, met some friends, and had his face painted like a puppy!
While he was at Kamp Starfish Hubby, Doozer and I ran some errands. Then we scooped him up and he treated us to his best doggie bark!

After lunch, Little Man went down for a nap, Doozer settled in for some down time, and Hubby and I headed for the first of our anniversary treats...Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (minus the vomit flavored jelly beans).
On our way into the theater we passed Coldstone Creamery, which I've never been to, and the smell emanating from there was mouthwatering. After enjoying the movie (#6 of 8), we stopped at Coldstone and grabbed some ice cream cupcake treats for later. Then we went back, picked up Little Man and Doozer, and headed to Hubby's anniversary surprise. He had already gifted me a new Nine West wallet (leather for 9th anniversary) with two gift cards earlier in the day, and now it was time to treat him...
TO A HELICOPTER RIDE!


We decided to take Little Man with us, and were glad we did, listening to him talk and ask questions the ENTIRE trip was amazing to watch and hear. He loved it when the pilot pointed out a school of fish and a baseball stadium...and although he held my hand the entire time, I know he enjoyed it, as did Hubby and I. Want to see what it looked like?






After our phenomenal ride down the shoreline and over all the sights...we landed, and headed to dinner at Outback Restaurant ( I love their tilapia with lump crabmeat, fresh mushrooms and lemon butter chablis sauce). Then we went back to the beach spot and enjoyed our ice cream cupcake treats, watched the rest of the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and turned in, ready to have some more fun the next day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i did NOT pull her under that table! as you said, its funny no matter how it went..and well..im cooler than her..haha!

-Doozer

Sinéad said...

Isn't it great to look back at wedding photos? And a great story about the bouquet!
I don't think I would have been brave enough to try a helicopter ride, I would probably have had my eyes closed! Glad you're having a lovely break.

Anonymous said...

The wedding day pictures were fun to see! That whole bouquet thing was hard to see from where the parents of the bride were...but, there was alot of laughing! The rest of your anniversary sounds sooo...memorable. Love to you all,
Mom