Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Kitchen

So, in addition to all the other craziness around here these days, we are also remodeling our kitchen. We bought the appliances at HH Gregg (fridge, dishwasher and microwave...the oven we bought last fall). The cabinets we bought flat-packed from IKEA...and the labor has been all Hubby. When I left for work last Friday morning, the kitchen looked basically like this photo:
Then Hubby went crazy with a sledgehammer...


And I came home to this sight!

Over the course of the weekend the bones were put back...

And we now have an almost finished kitchen. We have to wait for the countertops to come in from Lowe's...and I have to finish getting everything in their new spots...but the major pain is over! Next time I'll try to share some photos from the current state of things.. But even from the above photo, can't you see how much brighter, visually bigger and more modern the kitchen will be?

2 comments:

Sinéad said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished kitchen! Your hubby is great, very good at DIY. There'd be no fear of my hubby doing that!
Oh, and isn't the Wii great fun?

Anonymous said...

That hubby of yours sure is a handy man! Counter tops from Lowes though? My Home Depot heart just bled...orange! Just kidding!