Friday, July 9, 2010

So much for planning ahead...

So you'd think that I would have learned by now that sometimes planning ahead sometimes comes back to bite you in the rear.  So the case is with the Heirloom blanket that I knit for my brother's child.  See, MONTHS ago they had the ultrasound and we were all excited that the baby was a girl.  They picked a name.  They bought clothes....and I bought yarn...that's what Craft Chicks do.  I knit...I knit, and then, I knit some more...


...I was 90 % done when they had another ultrasound that showed the baby might be a boy...DAMN I thought...but hoped that the blanket would still be cuddled.  Fast forward a week (Monday), and the girlie blanket was done...and on Wednesday, the 7th, my NEPHEW was born!  And he's so unbelievably cute that, well...












...I'm working on a new blanket...let's just hope I don't dislocate my fingers getting this log cabin blanket finished as fast as humanly possible!  Because I can't have my sweet little nephew Connor without a handknit from his auntie!  Welcome to the world little guy!


1 comment:

Sinéad said...

Oh he's so gorgeous! Congratulations to all.
Grand Irish name, Connor :)
Good luck with the log cabon blanket!