Friday, January 14, 2011

Craft Chick: Crafty Cookie Edition

One of my New Year's resolutions is to blog AT LEAST once a week.  I've got so many things to talk about!  My birthday, Christmas, a 2010 project show-and-tell, and plenty more!  But first, I wanted to share an oh-so-cute photo of Little Man decorating the little Christmas tree that we put in his room...and some of the crafts he worked on over the holidays...including the one that made me tear up.




For Christmas, Little Man's class made ornaments for their parents.  The snowmen are made from his three fingers stuck in paint and then were decorated and placed in the little gift bag that he decorated.  There was a poem inside too...it read:

Little snowmen, one, two, three,
Made with my fingers,
For you from me.
Each time you hang the snowmen,
Upon your Christmas tree,
It will remind you that I LOVE YOU,
For as long as time will be.







Every week Little Man's class learns a poem.  'The Shining Star' was one, and I loved his Nativity scene.  And then he blew me away with the detail on his Christmas tree that accompanied 'Pine Tree."  See we have a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer ornament that he loves to put on the tree.  And so, he drew a little Rudolph ornament on his tree.

It's amazing to watch his drawings get better.  And to listen to him read little books all by himself.  We've started another year, and he'll learn more, grow bigger...and I'm excited to see all that he'll do, and share it with you!

1 comment:

Sinéad said...

Aw that snowman ornament is so cute! A very clever idea. The poem that came with it is very touching. Little Mans art really is coming along! I love his hidden Rudolph!