Friday, October 21, 2011

Beachy Kusha Kusha Scarf

I finished my Kusha Kusha scarf earlier this week...and wore it to work already! I picked an outfit JUST so it would go with my new accessory! You may remember that the scarf is made from two Habu yarns.  One (the sandy color with flecks of the teal) is 100% silk.  The other is stainless steel and silk. The first section was knit holding both of the yarns together.  The second was just the silk, and the last section was just the stainless steel "yarn".  The yarn was really more like thread...but though it wasn't always the easiest material to knit with, it gave the knit material a light, airy effect that I love. I knit the scarf longer than the pattern called for, since I knew I wouldn't be able to use the leftover yarn for anything I knit until I had no yarn left.  So the scarf actually goes around my neck multiple times.  I love how it came out, and I can't wait to wear it some more!

photo



photo



photo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cool! enjoy wearing it!
Love,as always,Mom

Virtuous said...

Great color selection!!! & of course gorgeous accent ;)