Saturday, January 14, 2012

December Highlights Part 1

December flew by, and January is going just as fast! It seems like we barely catch our breath! I thought I'd share the highlights of December in 2 posts to catch you up on some of the fun we had.

On December 10th I had a scuba refresher. It had been 10 years since I received my scuba certification, and it was fun to be under the water again...and for Little Man to see all the scuba divers in the pool.




While at Stitches South with a friend you may remember she had chosen yarn and a pattern for driving gloves that she liked.  Since she's a shopping extraordinaire I thought it would be great to make the gloves as a birthday present for her, since she's so hard to shop for.  These are the Voodoo Fingerless Driving Gloves.



The bottom two photos best represent the color of the gloves.


What else happened in December? My little sister came to visit!

She stayed from a Wednesday to Sunday, and we had a great time laughing, eating and just hanging out!


We also took her to see the lights in McAddenville. We all enjoyed sipping our hot cocoa while looking at the lights.  And afterwards we took her to Boudreaux's for some Cajun food...she's now a fan too!




We also took her to Musashi for some ton katsu (fried pork cutlet), gyoza (dumplings) and edamame.  What a yummy meal!




Little Man had a great time hamming it up for his aunt.  He was sooo silly during her visit!

He also taught her all about Kung Zhu pets.


The Knit Nuts met for our December meeting while Doozer was visiting.  Since she knit before, I helped her pick a doggie sweater pattern for her little pooch Waylon and she started knitting away during the meeting...



and in the car after meeting :)


And while she worked on that, I worked on fingerless gloves for an old co-worker of mine.  I had to get those finished because Little Man had made quite a detailed request that I was anxious to get started on.


More on the project for Little Man, and the rest of the December highlights next post! I hope you had a great month too!

2 comments:

Sinéad said...

Love those driving gloves, especially the beads at the cuff. Very pretty! Glad you had a good visit with your sister.

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like it was a great month! Glad to see some pics of all of you. Love,as always. Mom