Saturday, December 22, 2012

An Original Advent Calendar

I have no idea if I'll ever catch up in sharing all that we've had going on...but I'll start with sharing something crafty!

Little Man has been, until this year, using a felt advent calendar with little pouches that I tied treats inside of.  The last two years I made Lego advent calendars of sorts where I broke down larger kits and only showed him the directions for the day's pieces so he'd be surprised.  Last year though I saw the kit that Silhouette America was selling and, after receiving the Silhouette Cameo for Christmas (a truly awesome cutting machine) I bought the kit that included the wooden frame and all the templates for the boxes (or drawers if you want) all sized perfectly.

It took weeks of cutting, gluing and decorating...but it came out so great the trouble was quickly forgotten!



As we count down to Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with crafty goodness!

No comments: