Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cameo Print and Cut

Before I get into the blog post I just wanted to give you a heads up that next post, which should happen sometime in the next week, I will be taking down Crafty the Chick...the little animated pink chick on the right of the page.  I think it's time.  So, if you want to feed Crafty one more time...have at it!!

Now onto crafty fun! Today I sat down with my Silhouette Cameo and made some Valentine's Day cards.  I can't show some of them yet (don't want to ruin the surprise), but here are the ones I made for Hubby and Little Man!

Since Hubby loves planes and aviation when I saw an airplane garland card via Martha Stewart, I decided I had to give it a go.  If you want to make it by hand...check out her template here.  I used the Cameo to cut out two planes and six hearts...the ribbon is sandwiched between.  Love it!!!


For Little Man, the lover of sea turtles I tried out a new (for me technique).  It's called print and cut.  Basically you print the color image out on your regular printer and the image complete with registration marks recognized by the Cameo then are fed through the Cameo which then PERFECTLY cuts out the printed image.  I could hurt myself with excitement over it!! It worked so awesomely well!!!  I selected the turtle from the Silhouette store, cut a card base...then the turtle which was then cut out.  Before gluing the colored turtle to the green base I used a heart brad.  The message inside? We "turtley" love you!


I didn't want to waste cardstock just printing and cutting the turtle, so I printed and cut another image I already had on the same piece of paper for future use.  Look at the awesome job it did cutting out the image perfectly!


I haven't really had much time to craft since the beginning of the year other than knitting in the evening, so I really enjoyed the time I spent in the craft room today.  I absolutely love the ability to print and cut, and love that the Silhouette store has Superman and Batman print and cut images...may have to make ahead my brother's birthday card ;)

Next post I hope to share some fiber updates!


No comments: