Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Blu and Brown


So here's my progress...

I have both pieces of the baby Blu jeans knit up and washed...now I need to embroider the jean details before assembling.  That may take a couple of weeks yet though because...



I cast-on for Aspen, which is a gorgeous espresso brown cable afghan.  The final measurements are approximately 58" x 70" and in the bottom photo the afghan is halfway done.  It's knit by holding two strands of yarn together, and then knit on size 50 needles.  Want an idea of how big they are? Well, the pattern suggests using a turkey baster as a cable needle!  I was able to get the yarn 50% off and so, with an unsightly hole in one of our leather couch cushions...I had no more excuses as to why I couldn't take this project on.  I'm hoping to finish it in the next couple of weeks and then finish Blu or start Rosamund's cardigan.





No comments: