Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fixes

Have you seen the movie 'A Christmas Story'? I'm sure you have.  Well, remember when the super awesome "F-R-A-G-I-L-E" leg lamp breaks and the dad tries his best to fix-it and says the wife used up all the glue on purpose? It's pretty funny.  It came to mind as I tried to push back tears and frustration and fix my smashed yarn bowl.  It was just the capper on some really crappy times we've had lately.  My beloved yarn bowl in tons of pieces.  I sat with super glue and did my best to fix it though it will never be the same.  At least it had a better outcome than the leg lamp!





My other fix-it project was the couch.  I had knit the afghan hoping we could drape it over the couch and disguise the damage to the leather (to repair the cushion the leather repair man wanted $700-800, ouch).  That yarn sheds like you wouldn't believe! I got sick of artfully tucking it and vacuuming up the pills...and I knew I needed to come up with another solution.





So on a trip to PA my Mom, husband and I picked out some microsuede-esque fabric...and the last 2 days I pinned, tucked, sewed and sweat while struggling to get just the right fit.  Hubby thinks it was worth it though...and Little Man said the soft fabric is so much comfier to lay on :)


Sometimes you craft to fix things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking Good!