Saturday, August 24, 2013

Slippers!!!

I love walking around the house with barely there slippers on my feet.  I've found I can make a super cute pair of pleated ballet slippers with just one skein of Sugar and Cream cotton yarn.  That's less than $2! And they hold up well and can be thrown in the washer and dryer...awesome!  Also the bottom has a tiny bit of traction because of the garter ridges so I don't slip all over.  I made a blue pair a while ago and recently made a hot pink pair...love them!

Another pair of slippers came about because I have a lot of my sock yarns from Sock Yarn Cinema and the idea of actually knitting socks is daunting...plus I don't really wear socks unless they're white athletic socks and I'm wearing sneakers  And I've already made quite a few shawls and shawlettes.  And then, it came to me...slippers!! There are tons of patterns for little slipper-type projects that I can use my gorgeous yarns for...and actually use the FOs!  So, here I made the knotted slippers  which were designed by Cocoknits who also designed the pleated ballet slippers above.  I love her designs...pretty straight-forward with interesting elements.  I had my own little KAL because this gorgeous colorway was from my JAWS Sock Yarn Cinema shipment...the color is called Flesh.  Kind of icky, but the color is gorgeous!!!  The shipment originally came with a bright orange project bag and gummy sharks.  I watched Jaws remastered while I started them...super fun! And it made me so happy that I've finally found the perfect project ideas for these gorgeous yarns!


1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Those are so cute!

Thanks for the comment on my blog about the shop! I am very excited!