Thursday, December 17, 2015

Crafting with Food: Fried Chicken

I'm here to admit it...I've lived in the South about 14 years now and had never made fried chicken.  I've been scared. You read about how hard it is to get the chicken cooked through...and I was scared of popping grease all over the kitchen. Plus, I've had damn good fried chicken in my life (ask my brother and I sometime when we're together who made the best fried chicken we've ever had and we'll both answer in unison).

I decided that in 2015 I was going to put that fear behind me...and since the year is almost over I had to get on with it.  I used 2 recipes. One was for the all-time highest rated fried chicken on the internet that promised crispy fried chicken. The second was Minnie's fried chicken from The Help. One of the directions said to soak the chicken in a buttermilk mix for the length of 'As The World Turns'. I have no idea where I read it but I also picked up the hint to surround the frying pan with aluminum foil to make clean up easier...what a lifesaver! Love this trick!


This meal came out amaze-balls...I made macaroni and cheese from my mother's recipe and finished with a side of green beans. Hubby and Little Man loved the food and the chicken was moist and tasty and the skin was beyond belief crunchy...definitely will make it again!


No comments: