Sunday, February 7, 2016

Crafting With Food: Superbowl Style

 We don't usually have a Superbowl get-together but this year the Carolina Panthers were playing and since that's Hubby's favorite team...I asked people over and then had to figure out what to feed them! First we wound up ordering pizza and wings.I'm pretty sure it's not a Superbowl party without those two things! But I also wanted some healthier things. I've been trying to work on my eating and didn't want to completely eat junk food.


I made a veggie platter (and hollowed out a bell pepper to hold the dip).



On Pinterest I found a phenomenal recipe for Philly-cheesesteak stuffed mini peppers. THEY WERE SO GOOD! And easy too! Chopped onions, chopped green peppers some beef and cheese...super simple and they were a big hit. I also made peppers stuffed with rice that had tomato sauce. I topped a few with cheese and then left the rest completely vegan.



One of our guests saw this idea on Pinterest...spinach-artichoke dip in a football shaped bread bowl. And she brought pigs in a blanket too!



I also made these mini Oreo cookie cheesecakes (dyed so they were team colors). And I picked up Carolina Panthers cupcakes and another guest made strawberry cupcakes. 

Our team may have lost, but the party was a success!!!

No comments: