Sunday, July 17, 2016

Southern Sweets!

We just got back from a trip to Charleston, SC, and usually Hubby likes to get some pecan pralines. This trip though he didn't because he was kind of disgusted at the cost...so when we got back, as a belated anniversary gift, I tried to make some. I found this recipe. He said they tasted BETTER than the store-bought! He liked that there were more pecans. Even Little Man liked them which isn't usually the case.



I didn't have the heart to let them think they were hard work...they were so easy I thought for sure they wouldn't be as good.The secret is to use a candy thermometer and parchment paper. Oh, and I used one of those smaller than an ice cream scoop scoops with the push release so they were all about the same size...made them look more consistent.

Not only did they taste amazing, they were so inexpensive to make!

No comments: