Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Little Bit of Germany in Georgia

After all the hiking at Amicalola Falls we were all tired and ready for a cold drink. Our hosts had some more fun up their sleeves when we drove through some mountain roads to the town of Helen, GA.

I hadn't heard of Helen before our visit, but having been their once I know we'll have to go back! It is a town that is completely German-themed! The buildings, the foods, the crafts,the music...it was so beautiful and fun!






I was so excited to see Warsteiner beer in Helen. It is the beer from the little town I lived in in Germany. It's a very popular beer in Germany, but is not as easily found here in the US. I made sure to have some to enjoy with my schnitzel lunch!


After our mountain hike and German lunch it felt like a very German day. In Germany, people love to walk outside and then spend the afternoon with friends eating and drinking. Helen is truly a beautiful, special town.

No comments: