Thursday, July 6, 2017

Fiber Souvenirs!

When you have serious luggage constraints you can't get too crazy with fiber purchases while you're traveling...but I did manage to bring home some fun yarn!

When we were visiting Muenster I came across a great little yarn shop in the main shopping area downtown. I found the needles I needed quickly and there were baskets of sock yarn ripe for the picking! I picked the two that stood out from the rest and was on my way feeling good that I didn't have everyone waiting too long for me!



During our layover in Iceland I was in for a surprise...yarn at the airport! It was so squishy and beautiful! We hardly had enough time to use the rest room and make it to our next gate, but we stopped at the gift shop when I saw piles of yarn and handknits hanging up...I would have loved a sweater kit, but they didn't have any and I didn't have enough time to figure out how much yarn to buy so like a complete fiber-obsessed maniac I grabbed a cute little hat kit! It has the yarn for the hat and a pattern and I think it will definitely whet my appetite for more Icelandic knitting!



Have you ever seen yarn in an airport to buy?

No comments: