Monday, July 3, 2017

Our Last German Evening


Once we were back in Germany we only had one evening left before it was time to leave. We were sad when we found out my host mother had gone back to the hospital while we had been away, and had a lot of packing to do, but still were able to barbecue with my host father and his sister that evening.

Little Man was so happy to be able to play with his new pal Paulie again! Here they are playing in the garden below.





My host father's law practice is the ground floor of the building and his sister lives in the apartment above. The apartment has a beautiful terrace that overlooks the city square and the historical church.




I couldn't leave Warstein without having one last Warsteiner beer with my dinner!


The brats were from Lora's butcher shop..they make them right there with their own recipes.





The morning we left we were up early! My host father made breakfast for us one last time and then we were on the road for Frankfurt.


Our flight flew from Frankfurt back to Iceland and during our flight we passed over Greenland!



No comments: