Sunday, September 24, 2017

Beginning of An Obsession


Is there anything worse than having a deadline project that you're working on and then seeing a project that just SCREAMS to be made?!?!

A kind-hearted friend, knowing how my family has loved sea turtles over the years, sent me a post about this sea turtle blanket. I was hooked from the start! I investigated a little more and found a free pattern for one here. I didn't think I wanted to commit to a crochet blanket though (I've done it before, but wasn't into the idea)...so I decided to find a feather and fan stitch that I could knit. Do you see where this is going? How I fell down the rabbit-hole already because of this blanket? Finding a free pattern...a free one no less...then figuring out how to knit it instead...oh...then I realized there was a Hobby Lobby that had the yarn I needed close to my office. I was done for guys. I knew I would cast-on for this project when I had no business starting something else!






I wound up casting on during a beach trip. I had hit a snag with my sweater design and just did not want to have the stress of knitting math during our quick trip. So I cast-on and enjoyed some (relatively) mindless knitting. I've put this project aside again now...but I'll keep it out where I can see it so I can get back to it once the sweater is done!

No comments: