Saturday, May 12, 2007

More finished projects

Throughout the week I finished the laundry area curtains (I still need to make the tie-backs and after I do that I will post a photo), and I worked on these smaller items that will go away to be used as small Christmas gifts. All of the following are wood items bought at either Jo-Ann Fabrics, or A.C. Moore for $0.75.

A goldfish bowl frame. The 3-D fish was part of the
bowl when I bought it, I added the wiggly eye and
beads after I painted and varnished it.


An elephant frame.



These were a really neat find. For Christmas
my son and nephew will be getting "Pirate"
chests filled with all kinds of pirate related things,
books, hooks, patches, coins, maps, telescopes,
vests, bandannas, mini-pirate ships, message in
bottle making supplies, etc. I came across these
frames that were unpainted (so i painted them)
and then they also came with pre-painted wood
decorations. There were other themes as well, but
these were perfect for the chests. And the decorated
wood pieces are sticky on the back so the boys can
place them themselves! How great for less than a dollar!


And another great find would be these pirate puzzles

that I had to paint and then varnish... I just love how

colorful they came out!

if you are curious to see how the chests will look, stay tuned, they are stained and just waiting to be varnished, so hopefully they'll be totally done as well in the next 2 days!

No comments: