Sunday, June 3, 2007

Drum Roll Please

It's done!!!!! The Rollneck Pullover intended for Little Man's November birthday is done!!! Sorry it isn't being modeled by a cute toddler, but since it is a birthday present, I won't photograph him in it until November. The pattern is by Kertzer and can be found online here, or now at A.C. Moore, where I originally saw a model displayed but they didn't get the pattern in for 6 months. The yarn is from Kertzer-James Brett and is Marble-Blue Haze and the sweater took 2.5 skeins (and is available at A.C. Moore). The sweater can be made in sizes 3-6 months, 6-12 months, 1-2 years, 3-4 years (which is the size I made Thomas' in), or 5-6 years.
Since my law review classes started this week I was not able to seam the sweater until last night (Saturday). My classes are Monday -Friday evenings from 6 PM - 9:30 PM and this past Friday was later ending at 10:30 PM. I've had a lot of reading to do to prepare for class, and I've been reviewing after the lectures (all while having Little Man with me all day), so obviously I don't have time for crafty pursuits. But last night I took one night to watch a movie with hubby (Emma...I had never seen it before and it was the perfect calming, classy movie to end this otherwise rotten week with), and to seam up and weave in ends. The really big deal about this sweater (other than it looking exactly like it is supposed to) is...
I FINALLY know how to do invisible mattress stitches. I tried seaming last weekend and when hubby said "Is that inside out?" I realized I had to have help. I had already taken a finishing lesson at The Peace of Yarn about 6 weeks ago, but the concept of mattress stitching still evaded me. Not anymore!! Cindy, the owner of The Peace of Yarn took the time (while getting over bronchitis) to help me finally get it right. It took less than 10 minutes, but oh my gosh I haven't been this excited since I learned how to pick up stitches!! (By the way the Peace of Yarn, located in Matthews, a suburb of Charlotte, is a great shop...I wish I had known about it back in February when they had a book signing of Friday Night Knitting Club that would have been great to go to....and the owner is a former attorney so she really understood my need to finish projects to clear my mind for the bar.
Yesterday was also special for Little Man as he now has his first big boy bike ( a tricycle). I wanted to get him the traditional red with a bell, but I knew he would want a little trunk/cargo area so that was out and instead he has a multi-color bike. But it has pedals and is big enough for him to use for quite some time (unlike his ride-on toy that was just too small).
Other than those few things this past week was really uneventful, now that bar studying time is here all crafts are off the table (except for during the week of vacation in June), and so I won't be posting any photos of new projects, because there won't be any. Instead what I will do is post photos of past projects so I can create an archive (and show some projects that I have referenced in previous posts). And if I have any too cute photos of Little Man I would like to share (especially for my Mom and sister who read this blog), I'll be sure to put those up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sweater is lovely and quite professional looking. I hope Thomas will get alot of use out of it when it gets chilly in the fall!
Grandma North