Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cute faces, the return to school, and the death of Nemo

Sometimes you just need to look at really cute little faces...



There are some people looking at this blog not only for crafting updates but also for life updates so I've decided that I would use some more cute vacation photos along with an update on what's been going on here the last couple of days. The next post will be the final vacation installment. Studying for the bar has reached a fevered pitch, in 2 weeks I face that rotten exam head-on....AGAIN. There are no words to describe my disgust (at myself, the system, you name it) so I won't try, but just know that life around here is really stressful right now while I attempt to cram as much legal knowledge into my mind as possible without any of it slipping back out.
That alone is difficult mentally, but this week I also faced emotional challenges as Little Man went back to day-care. I know that it is in his best interest socially, but I miss him so much. I miss the thoughts of the outings we would take (swimming, discovery museums, library storytimes, etc.), the walks we took, teaching him things (like counting from 1-10), and so much more. This week is especially rough since my bar review courses are in the evening, meaning he gets home from daycare right as I have to leave for my class. I'm barely seeing him and that's really hard for me. I know in 2 weeks the whole thing will be over and we'll be able to see each other in the evenings and weekends, but it's hard to think things won't be the same for me and my little buddy. And then, as if I wasn't using every bit of my strength to not be sad (I didn't want Little Man to be sad) the last of his three birthday fish (from November) died. There were originally three: Nemo, Spot and Mr. Limpett, and as the other 2 died he wasn't too upset since there was always one in there. Of course he asked, but didn't get too upset. Nemo's death on the other hand was a different story. While Hubby gave Nemo a proper burial while Little Man was napping, Little Man immediately upon entering our den realized Nemo wasn't there. When I gently tried to explain that Nemo had to go bye-bye, the floodgates opened, the lip poked out and I felt like my heart would break to see him so sad.
[Side Note: Hubby, in his desperation to save the fish had been researching how to save a fish with fin rot. Now, keep in mind we bought goldfish for $o.99, my husband came to me in all seriousness and tells me that you can anesthetize the fish, take them out of the water and then cut the fins back to where they are healthy. OH.MY.GOD. Just in case any of you reading feel brave enough and think you could make it through doing something like that without fainting, don't say I didn't pass on that information.]
So yes, I really wanted to just look at some cute faces and get lost in their sweetness, and I hope it brought some brightness to your day as well.
Next post I promise will be the conclusion of the vacation posts.




No comments: