Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I now interrupt our regular crafting news to say...


On Saturday I got up with Little Man so Hubby could sleep in a little and then we all got dressed and packed to head to the pool/waterpark at the YMCA. We got there around 1045 in the morning and it was perfect timing. It was already over 95 degrees, the water was perfectly cool (but not too cool), and Little Man had a great time going down slides, playing with interactive water elements and fountains. We also played football in the water. It was great, really relaxing and enjoyable. We haven't been to the pool as much as I would have liked this summer with me studying so much for the bar, so I'm hoping we'll spend some good times there in the next week before it closes. Anyway, we came home, ate lunch, and then Little Man and I dozed for a couple of hours (that sun really took it out of us).

Then we got up and got ready to drive to the country to Husband's parents' house so I could show his niece how to knit cable-stitches because she is knitting a cable-stitch purse using the pattern I used. I went to check the mailbox before we left while Little Man had a small snack and saw the Board of Law Examiners envelope. What a downer it was to see that. It looked the same as the failing envelope and all I could think was wow...I'm really not going to be in the mood to teach someone knitting after this kind of bad news. In fact, I wasn't going to open it. But I had to. Hubby and I gave each other the look and he went upstairs to get his wallet. I opened it. All I saw was one word: Congratulations! I screamed. Hubby came running, jumping down a flight of stairs. He thought I was cracking up. I screamed," I passed!" He started yelling, we both jumped up and down, I screamed some more. And then we had to go to Little Man because we had scared him. I called my folks, sobbing, I got out the news. I did it. I passed. My license will be sent to me, I will be sworn in. I never have to take the bar exam here again. I can send back my bar review books. Hubby will take me to The Melting Pot for a celebratory dinner, a dinner I was worried I would never have. It's a few days later now and honestly I don't think it has really sunk in yet. I keep reading the letter. I'm so happy. Now I just need to find a job. But I'll have my license, I hung in there, I didn't give up. Want to see the letter? It's below, and no you can't have it...it's all mine!!!

I will post in the next day or so about my library party, Stand Up For Kids, Inc., and my Buddy Bag progress. And I hope to have the pattern up on Etsy in about three days.


Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful accomplishment!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.