Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday

I really don't have anything too exciting to report about projects or my job search and that lack of exciting news has kept me from posting, but I couldn't resist posting this photo of Little Man. He just received these pajamas from Grandma North along with other goodies and I thought she might like to see a photo of him in them, smiling and happy with them.

The heat this past week kept us from doing too much that required going outside, and I've been making progress on my project and hope to have it completed to a point where I can post photos of it by next week. I also went to see Harry Potter 5 again with my friend yesterday, whose birthday was today, and we ate some fantastic Japanese food afterward. Also caught up with someone I haven't seen since December which was nice since she's cool to hang-out with. And I'm glad I had that fantastic food yesterday since Hubby and I started Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet today. I had done the diet before after I had my son and lost 15 lbs. in 3 weeks, and since I want to lose more weight (and Hubby wants to also) we're giving it a go. The first few days are a real shock to the system. We eat well (lots of vegetables, limited amounts of soda, not too much processed food) but the diet really hits you psychologically (you really want it because you cannot have it). Plus no fruit, no bread, no potatoes, no rice, no carrots, no corn...wow, it's going to be a harsh 2 weeks. Especially since I just baked pumpkin muffins for Little Man to have for breakfast this week and Hubby and I were both thinking that they smelled REALLY good! One day down, thirteen to go...how long do you think our willpower will last?

No comments: