Sunday, January 27, 2008

Since last post...

I've been working, I've been sick, I've been crafting, and Little Man is potty-trained. My first week ended without incident, we had a great weekend filled with a visit to Monkey Joe's to celebrate Little Man's potty success, a pet store visit to pick up some new fishies, and a knitting group meeting for me. I headed to Mint Hill for the Knit Nuts Meet Up and sat with the ladies while we watched the snow fall outside. The rest of the weekend I enjoyed with my guys and got a lot accomplished to make the work week go a little easier. I also finished another hat for charity, and spent time watercolor painting with Hubby and Little Man. We spent about 45 minutes quietly painting, it was really nice.




On Monday, which was a holiday (MLK Birthday Observance), I went in and worked, but left early and Hubby and I went to see 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl, it was very good. Although really any movie with wedding dresses in it makes me happy to begin with. (I still have to do movie reviews don't I? Maybe this week since Hubby will be away). Well, I woke up Tuesday morning completely sick, and spent the rest of the week feeling either miserable, or tricked into thinking I was starting to feel better just to feel miserable again an hour or so later. Fever, chills, aches, sneezing, coughing, sore throat, you name it, I had it. I'm still coughing with a runny nose, and now Little Man is sick too, which is really sad looking (especially when he took the play needle from his vet hospital and was trying to give himself a shot to feel better). But I went into work everyday this week, and I took the bus. While taking the bus (except for when I was walking to my car after taking the WRONG bus)*, I was able to knit some. Below are progress shots of my Brother-In-Law Basketweave Hat and the Two-Toned Cardigan from Baby Knits for Beginners.



*FYI: The 40xL goes all the way out Lawyers Road to Mint Hill and while it passes the Park N Ride by Idlewild North it does not stop there. The 40xP turns onto Lawyers Road but then turns onto Idlewild North, which is the bus you want if you park at the Park N Ride. Otherwise you wind up half way to Mint Hill before the stop comes up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have also taken the wrong bus from time to time when going somewhere new..it helps to ask other riders, Ive found!! Its rad that you were water coloring, as I just purchased a new set of water colors and did a project a week ago!
-Doozer

Connie said...

I didn't even know you were feeling bad, I'm sorry... hope you feel better.

The photo's of your family painting together is precious. Those are the times worth remembering!

Sereknitty said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well ... at least you got some knitting accomplished!