Sunday, August 7, 2011

Crafty Happenings

So, we may have been traveling, working, enjoying the summer, and buying a new house...but the Craft Chick household had some crafting going on too!  I can't show you one project I made because it's a wee little something for someone who may see it here, but, there's plenty else to see!

First, I whipped up a little lighthouse rattle for my nephew's first birthday.  I even used glow-in-the-dark yarn so that it will really light up his nights just a bit.  It didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but, if it puts a smile on his face for a few minutes, I'll consider the project a success.


To go with the gifts, I made a dinosaur card with my Cricut machine, and a computer kit from SVGcuts.  Pull on his tail, and his mouth opens and closes.


I got a little giddy making the dinosaur card, so I made a few more cards. That was such a fun few hours!  I cut all the pieces and then assembled them while we watched a family movie downstairs.  When the movie was over, I had some cute cards done!


I loved this Charleston-themed card.  It's called a step card and it gives great multi-dimensionality to the card.  I have no idea who I'll give it to yet.  Maybe myself for the new house?


Then, after the success of the dinosaur card, I decided to go a little further with the waterfall card possibilities.  With a waterfall card, there's a tab that you pull, and it flips images.  So, I came up with a True Blood-themed thank you note for my friend who we stayed with in Switzerland (she LOVES True Blood and was headed to Comic-Con).


Then, to thank my former host family for their hospitality during our visit in Germany, I made a waterfall card with some photos from our visit.



And, while I crafted with paper and loved it, I also was able to finish the Budding Shawlette that I started in May.  It was made with Sock Yarn Cinema's My Fair Lady month yarn in "Loverly."  Since Eliza Doolittle sells flowers, I thought Budding Shawlette was a great pattern for the yarn.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of your craftiness!
Love,as always, Mom

Sinéad said...

Wow! Lots of activity. :) I ADORE the cards, the step card of the house is just fabulous. I must look up a tutorial on how to make it. The waterfall cards are just amazing! What a great thank you for your host family! Brilliant, as always. :)
P.S. The lighthouse is so cute, does the glow in the dark yarn work?