Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Curtain-Making Time!

I haven't just been cleaning out my craft room! I went through our spare bedroom with a vengeance! And it was there, in a forgotten under the bed storage container, that I came across three packs of curtains that I had bought for our front room and dining room. They had been bought at the same time as we purchased our great room curtains so they would all coordinate, but the curtains needed to be hemmed significantly in order to be used in the other two rooms, and for one window they needed to also be halved so that they wouldn't be too wide for a smaller side window. Also, we didn't have curtain rods for any of those windows! So, I had a decision to make. Either buy rods and get the curtains fixed up to hang, or get rid of them. They had been sitting in the container for 5 years! 5 YEARS! Shameful! Once put into that container I had COMPLETELY forgotten about them! But not anymore! I spent a lot of time over the weekend measuring, pinning and ironing and this week during the evenings I will be sewing and trying to finally get these up!

No comments: